What You Need To know
The Medicaid program in the state of Kansas is administrated by the Department of Health and Environment. The program is jointly funded by the federal and the state government. The objective of the Medicaid program is to provide free health care services to people from low-income housing belonging to the underprivileged background. The aim is to improve the health conditions of the poverty-stricken peoples living in Kansas.
Program Goals and Services
The main objective of the program is to make health care and medical facilities common to the poor and low-income households of Kansas. The health care coverage by the Kansas Medicaid program helps the poor households to improve their living conditions by providing services like,
- Eye care services which include providing eye check-up and eyeglasses
- Dental services which include dental check-up and dental hygiene which include teeth cleaning every 6 months for individuals who are younger than 21 years of age.
- Family planning services
- Regular medical check-ups
- Auditory services
- Laboratory services
- Maternity services
- Child-care and home health care services that are occupational and physical therapy, speech therapy and skilled nursing
- Drug prescriptions and many more
- Nursing services
- Organ Transplant services
Are You Eligible?
It is mandatory for the applicant to be a US national with permanent and legal citizenship or a legal alien and most importantly a residence of the state of Kansas to apply for the Medicaid program. Other requirements include,
- The applicant has depended child under 19 years of age
- The candidate is disabled ( blind etc.) or has a member with a disability in the family
- The candidate is a pregnant woman or has a pregnant woman in the house
- Senior citizen of the state (65 years of age or older)
Other Important Requirements
Some other important factors are checked by the Medicaid program representatives to see if the candidate is eligible for the Kansas Medicaid program including,
- The applicant’s identity (passport, birth certificate, driving license, etc.)
- The applicant’s Social Security Number
- If the applicant’s status shows immigration then they need to show their INS documents
- Assets/Resources (bonds, funds, property, credit union accounts, etc.)
- Size of the household
- Income ( pay stubs, bank statements, tax payments or any other documents that shows your earned income)
- Age of the candidate
- Medical requirements of the candidate
The maximum gross income level of the household before taxes must be equal to or less than,
|Size of Household||Annual Gross Income Level|
An extra amount of $5878 is added per person if the total size of the household is more than 8 members. Therefore, it is important to visit a managing agency in your area to help you get your hands on the latest and up-to-date information and program guidelines. This will help you understand the terms and policies of the program and help make the application process easy.
- Apply Online
You can fill the application form for the Kansas Medicaid program kindly the official online website. The website contains thorough information related to the eligibility criteria as well as the services provided by the program. To make the application procedure easy the website also has a live chat option which the applicant can use if they have any confusion related to the application process.
The candidate can also check their qualification through the Kansas official Marketplace website. The Marketplace was established to provide the healthcare benefits to citizens across various states of the United States of America who are otherwise not able to do so. Information related to the Affordable Healthcare Act is also available on the marketplace page.
- Apply through phone
Individuals interested in the Kansas Medicaid program can contact the Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services Service Access Point at 1 (800) 792-4884. By calling at this number one gets to talk to highly qualified members of staff who can answer any queries the applicant might have regarding the Kansas Medicaid program.
- Apply through local Medicaid office
If you want to apply in person for the Kansas Medicaid program kindly visit the local Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services office. The staff member will guide you about the eligibility and other criteria of programs. To find a Medicaid office in your area use the Office Locator Map.
If you are new o the state of Kansas you will have to provide information related to your
- Citizenship and identity
- Immigration status
- Social security number (SSN)
You only need to complete the application form and submit it to the Medicaid office.
For Further Information
In case you have any further queries related to the program you can visit the official Kansas Medicaid website to get your hands on the recent guidelines about the program.