The Alabama Unemployment Compensation Division pays unemployment benefits to workers who are either unemployed or working reduced hours, through no fault of their own. Not everyone who applies for unemployment benefits will qualify. Certain conditions must be met in order to meet initial eligibility requirements and to remain eligible to receive benefits. It is funded by the federal and state agencies and the program is financed by employer taxes.
It is the responsibility of the Unemployment Compensation Division of Alabama to make the policies and procedure of the program. The unemployment compensation fund is supported by the aid of taxes that they receive. The division is also responsible to protect the rights of employers and employees. There are field examiners in different areas of the state which enforce compliance with the law to provide each employee the same benefits.
The aim of Alabama unemployment compensation is to aid those people who are unemployed and are eligible to avail the unemployment compensation. The program helps those educated and talented citizens who are struggling to find a suitable mean of earning. The benefits of Alabama unemployment are for those applicants who are unemployed or partially unemployed and are in need of financial assistance. The applicants worked up to 20 hours during their employment are mostly eligible for Alabama unemployment compensation program.
The Unemployment Compensation relieves unemployed workers during the period of temporary unemployment. The workers compensation division of Alabama administers three main areas of the program which are: analyzing the qualification of the applicants, duration and amount of the benefits, and deciding disqualifications.
You must have to know who employers according to Unemployment Compensation are; Employers are of three types that include.
- Those employers who engage with domestic services
- Those employers who hire agricultural services
- Employers who run any kind of business
The claimant must have to be the inhabitant of Alabama State.
The claimant must have proved for the loss of the job for no reason.
Applicant should be active physically and mentally for the performance of his/her work- if the applicant is not able mentally or physically then he/she got benefits from this system only in the situation if he has a medical certificate as proof.
The applicant must be available for the work shift at any time of their selected occupation.
To know further eligibility criteria, you can visit your local unemployment office. Make sure that you are able to give the right answer for every question asked by them.
How to Apply
You can apply for Unemployment Compensation (UC) in multiple ways. After the eligibility of this program, you must have to follow the given process of application.
- If you want to apply online, then you can fill your form from the official website by visiting (labor.alabama.gov) or visiting the Unemployment Compensation page. You can file the claim by visiting the online application portal.
Apply Via Phone or Email
- The unemployed worker can make a call to the UC division in official timing 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. and official days Monday to Friday. You can also file the application through telephone at toll-free number 1-866-234-5382. To contact the Inquiry Line regarding an existing claim, call at: 1-800-361-4524
- You can also make inquiries by sending email to [email protected]
Following information you have to give when you are applying for Alabama unemployment compensation:
- Your social security number;
- Your Driver’s License or Alabama ID number
- Your Alien Registration Card, if applicable;
- A list of names, complete addresses, and telephone numbers, and the beginning and end dates of employment for your last 2 employers;
- Information and related documents for any federal civilian employment, military service, or work performed in another state in the past 18 months;
- Your bank routing number and checking or savings account number, if you choose to have your unemployment payment deposited directly into your bank account.
And then after the application, the claimant will receive their first check of benefit. It will take time maximum of two to three weeks.
For Further Information
For further information regarding the Alabama Unemployment Compensation (UC) you can visit the official page at this link. The page contains all the information regarding the benefits and other useful resources. You can also visit the Alabama Department of Labor website for more information. Alabama Department of Labor online provides a fast, convenient and secure way for claimants and employers to access information, certify benefits and manage accounts.