What You Need To Know
In Maine, the Medicaid program is known as MaineCare program and is administered by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) through its Office of MaineCare Services (OMS) division. The goal of the program is to make healthcare accessible to the residents of Maine who belong to poor families with low incomes living below a certain Federal Poverty Limit.
Qualified residents will receive a member identification card which they have to show before receiving any health care service.
What Are The Program Goals And Services?
The main objective of the program is to make health care and medical facilities common to the poor and low-income households of Maine. The health care coverage by the MaineCare program help the poor households improve their living conditions by providing services like
- Eye care services which include providing eye check-up and eyeglasses
- Dental services which include dental check-up and dental hygiene which include teeth cleaning every 6 months for individuals who are younger than 21 years of age.
- Family planning services
- Regular medical check-ups
- Auditory services
- Laboratory services
- Maternity services
- Child-care and home health care services that are occupational and physical therapy, speech therapy and skilled nursing
- Drug prescriptions and many more
Are You Eligible?
It is mandatory for the applicant to be a US national with permanent and legal citizenship and most importantly a residence of the state of Maine to apply for the Maine MaineCare program. Other requirements include,
- The applicant has depended child under 19 years of age
- The candidate is disabled ( blind etc.)
- The candidate is a pregnant woman or has a pregnant woman in the house
- Senior citizen of the state (65 years of age or older)
Other Important Requirements
The agencies that look into the MaineCare program consider certain factors to check if the candidate’s eligibility is justified like
- The applicant’s identity ( passport, birth certificate, driving license, etc.)
- The applicant’s Social Security Number (SSN)
- If the applicant’s status shows immigration then they need to show their INS documents
- Assets/Resources ( bonds, funds, property, credit union accounts, etc)
- Size of the household
- Income ( pay stubs, bank statements, tax payments or any other documents that shows your earned income)
- Age of the candidate
- Medical requirements of the candidate
The maximum gross income level of the household before taxes must be equal to or less than,
|Size of Household||Annual Gross Income Level|
An extra amount of $5878 is added per person if the total size of the household is more than 8 members. Therefore, it is important to visit a managing agency in your area to help you get your hands on the latest and up-to-date information and program guidelines. This will help you understand the terms and policies of the program and help make the application process easy.
How To Apply
There are many different ways to apply for the MaineCare program like
- Apply Online
You can fill the application form for the MaineCare program online. To find the form online go to the official MaineCare website. It contains thorough information related to the eligibility criteria as well as the services provided by the Maine MaineCare program. To make the application procedure easy the website also has different options which the applicant can use if they have any confusion related to the application process.
The candidate can also check their qualification through the Maine official Marketplace website. The Marketplace was established to provide the healthcare benefits to citizens across various states of the United States of America who are otherwise not able to do so. Information related to the Affordable Healthcare Act is also available on the marketplace page.
- Apply via phone
Individuals interested in the MaineCare program can contact the MaineCare office at
Maine relay 711 ( in case you are a TTY user)
By calling the above numbers, one gets to talk to highly qualified members of staff who can answer any queries the applicant might have regarding the Maine MaineCare program.
- Apply through local MaineCare office
If you want to apply in person for the MaineCare program kindly visit your local DHHS office. The staff member will guide you about the eligibility and other criteria of programs.
If you are new to the state of Maine you will have to provide information related to your
- Citizenship and identity
- Immigration status
- Social security number (SSN)
You only need to complete the application form and submit it to the local MaineCare office. In case you have any further queries related to the program you can visit the official website page of the program to get your hands on the recent guidelines about the program.
Benefits by State
- Child Care
- Education & Training
- Employment Assistance
- Energy Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Food Stamps
- HUD.Gov Research Reports
- New Mexico
- New York
- Statistics & Data
- West Virginia
Healthcare3 years ago
Iowa Medicaid Program
Florida3 years ago
National School Breakfast and Lunch Program for Florida
Arkansas3 years ago
Special Milk Program for Arkansas
Food Stamps3 years ago
Iowa Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Arkansas3 years ago
Arkansas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Energy Assistance3 years ago
Illinois Weatherization Assistance Program
Utah3 years ago
National School Breakfast and Lunch Program for Utah
Energy Assistance3 years ago
Georgia Weatherization Assistance Program