The Missouri MO HealthNet program provides healthcare and medical benefits to individuals and families from low-income backgrounds to improve their health conditions. The qualified candidates will receive medical insurance that will cover their medical bills through the program. The Family Services Division (FSD) provides the MO HealthNet services to the citizens of Missouri.
The MO HealthNet program is targeted towards families and individuals with low household income who are unable to cover their medical payments due to financial problems. Individuals from underprivileged backgrounds are incapable of paying expensive medical payments as a result of the high cost of health care. Thus, the goal of the program is to reach out to such people to help them improve their health conditions by promoting good health.
The MO HealthNet provides the following services as a part of its benefits program to the program awardees,
- Eye care services which include providing eye check-up and eyeglasses
- Dental services
- Family planning services
- Medical check-ups
- Auditory services
- Laboratory services and X-rays
- Maternity services
- Child-care and home health care services that are occupational and physical therapy, speech therapy and skilled nursing
- Drug prescriptions
There are certain eligibility criteria that an applicant must fulfill to be able to qualify for the Missouri MO HealthNet program. Those are,
- The applicant needs to be a legal and permanent citizen of the United States of America
- The applicant needs to be a residence of the state of Missouri
- The financial situation of the applicant must fall under the low-income level to apply for the Medical program as described by the federal government
- The applicant is pregnant or has a pregnant woman in the household
- The applicant is blind, have a disability or a family member in the household with a disability
- The applicant must be responsible for children under 19 years of age
- The applicant is 65 years of age or older.
The agencies that look into the MO HealthNet program consider certain factors to check if the candidate’s eligibility is justified like,
- Proof of your income ( recent pay stubs, payroll slip, salary slip)
- Social Security Number
- Copy of driver’s license
- Citizenship status
- Employment information
- Information about current Health insurance (if any)
- Assets/Resources ( bonds, funds, property, credit union accounts) of the candidate
- Size of the household of the candidate
- Total income of the household per annum before taxes of the candidate
- Age of the candidate
The maximum gross income level of the household before taxes must be equal to or less than,
|Total Household Members
|Annual Gross Income Level
An amount of $5878 is added per person if the total size of the household is more than 8 members. Therefore, it is important to visit a managing agency in your area to help you get your hands on the latest and up-to-date information and program guidelines. This will help you understand the terms and policies of the HealthNet program and help make the application process easy.
How to Apply
You can use different methods to apply for the Missouri MO HealthNet program including online method, in-person method, and applying via phone call.
- Apply Online
To fill the application form online you can visit the MO HealthNet website. The website contains detailed information about the application procedure of the various healthcare benefits that are provided as a part of the program. It is important to make your account on the online website portal before applying for the program. It is a user-friendly portal and makes the whole process of applying easy and quick. To make the application procedure easy the website also contains guidelines for the applicants to correctly fill the application form.
- Apply Via Phone call
Individuals interested in the Missouri MO HealthNet can also call the MO HealthNet Division of Kentucky at 573-751-3425.
You can ask for the application form by calling on the above-given numbers. It will be delivered to you either by mail or post. By calling the above numbers you can talk to highly qualified members of staff who can answer any queries you might have regarding the MO HealthNet program.
- Apply through the local district office
You can also make a personal application by finding a nearby Missouri Department of Social Service office in your area. You can visit it to get one-on-one guidance regarding the program. Once the form is filled and you have attached all the required documents you can then submit the application form to the MO HealthNet Division. The selected applicants will be notified through phone or email and will get notified about to the next level.
For Further Information
In case you have any further queries regarding the Missouri MO HeathNet program and other services that are provided by the state kindly visit the Missouri MO HealthNet webpage. This website will provide you with all the required information regarding the program rules and guidelines and the application procedure.