What Do You Need To Know?
The Washington Medicaid is funded by the federal government along with the state of Washington. The program benefits individuals and families from a low-income background to get health care services. The program is targeted towards pregnant women, parents/ guardian with dependent children, elderly or disabled people of Washington. The qualified candidates will receive medical insurance that will cover their medical bills.
The Washington Medicaid program is targeted towards families and individuals with low household income who are unable to cover their medical payments due to financial problem. People from the underprivileged background are incapable of paying expensive medical payments as a result of the high cost of health care. Thus, the goal of the program is to reach out to such people and provide protection against the expensive medical bill so that they can live a healthy lifestyle.
The Washington Medicaid program assist the eligible applicants by providing various health care services including
- Home care services
- Nursing and hospital care services
- Laboratory test and X-rays services
- Eye care services
- Dental care services
- Prescription medicines
- Emergency care
- Therapy services
- Interpretation services and many more
The Washington Medicaid also provide services including the Medical Personal Care (MPC) to the senior citizens of the state. If they qualify for the program they will be provided with a caregiver. They can also receive services like
- Home meal deliveries
- Adult Day Services
- Personal Emergency Response Service
- Transport service
- The required medical equipment
Are You Eligible?
There are certain eligibility requirements of the Washington Medicaid program which needs to be fulfilled if the applicant wants to avail the benefits of this program. The general pre-conditions for the Medicaid program are
- The applicant needs to be a legal resident of the state of Washington
- The applicant must be a permanent US citizen to apply for the program. Legal aliens can also apply for the Medicaid program if they require medical assistance.
- The applicant has a dependent child or an elderly person in your household.
- The applicant is a pregnant woman or has a pregnant woman in the house
- The applicant is or has a disabled member in the household
- The applicant’s weak financial position restricts them form having medical insurance then they can apply for the Washington Medicaid.
- The applicant must have a household income that fits within the income guideline specified by the Washington Medicaid program.
Besides that, the agency that administers the Washington Medicaid program which is responsible for providing the health care services to the state’s citizens takes into account two important factors which are,
- Size of the household
- Total income of the household per annum before taxes
The total annual household income before taxes should not exceed by,
|Size of Household||Max Annual Income Level|
In case the household has more than 8 members living together, an extra amount of $5878 is added as the number of members increase. To understand the terms and policies of the Washington Medicaid program it is advisable to visit your nearby Community Health Plan (CHP) office. In this way, you will be able to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the program.
The eligibility for the Washington Medicaid program can also be checked through an online procedure. The applicant will be asked to provide the following information to check their eligibility for the Medicaid program online,
- Personal information (citizenship status, personal identification number)
- Total annual household income
- The citizenship status of the candidate
- Total number of members in the household
- Health conditions of the applicant
- Any other benefits that the applicant might be getting
How To Apply
You can visit the Community Service Office (CSO) to apply in person for the Washington Medicaid program. You will be provided with the application form which you can then fill out and send back along with the required documents.
Apply Via Phone
You can also contact the Medicaid office in your community by calling at 1-800-562-3022. A Medicaid representative will provide you with relevant information about the program and the application procedure.
The applicant can also visit the Washington official Marketplace to see if they meet the eligibility criteria for the Medicaid. The Marketplace was established to provide the healthcare benefits to citizens of America who are otherwise not able to do so. You can also find information related to the Affordable Healthcare Act on the website.
Also, visit the Washington State Healthcare Authority website at Washington Medicaid to find more about the program policies and to get a better understanding of the program goals and objectives.
For Further Information
For further inquiries please visit the Basic Health Program website page to learn more about the Medicaid program and the different services it provides.