What Do You Need To Know
The West Virginia Medicaid is funded by the U.S. federal government through its Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The program benefits individuals and families from a low-income background to get health care services. The program is targeted towards pregnant women, parents/ guardian with dependent children, elderly or disabled people living in West Virginia. The qualified candidates will receive medical insurance that will cover their medical bills through the Medicaid program.
The West Virginia Medicaid program is targeted towards families and individuals with low or very low household income and who are unable to cover their medical payments due to financial problem. People from the underprivileged background are incapable of paying expensive medical payments as a result of the high cost of health care. Thus, the goal of the program is to reach out to such people and provide protection against the expensive medical bill so that they can live a healthy and zestful life.
The Medicaid program in West Virginia assists the eligible applicants by providing various health care services including,
- Home care services
- Nursing and hospital care services
- Laboratory test and X-rays services
- Eye care services
- Dental care services
- Prescription medicines
- Emergency care
- Interpretation services and many more
The program may also cover therapy services if they are being provided in a hospital setting.
Are You Eligible?
There are certain eligibility requirements of the West Virginia Medicaid program which needs to be fulfilled if the applicant wants to avail the benefits of this program. The general pre-conditions for the West Virginia Medicaid are
- The applicant needs to be a legal resident of the state of West Virginia
- The applicant must be a permanent US citizen to apply for the program. Legal aliens can also apply for the Medicaid program if they require medical assistance.
- The applicant has a dependent child or an elderly person in the household.
- The applicant is a pregnant woman or has a pregnant woman in the house
- The applicant is or has a disabled member in the household
- The applicant’s weak financial position restricts them form having medical insurance then they can apply for the West Virginia Medicaid program.
- The applicant must have a household income that fits within the income guideline specified by the Medicaid program.
Besides that, the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) which is responsible for providing the health care services to the citizens of West Virginia takes into account two important factors which are,
- Size of the household
- Total income of the household per annum before taxes
The total annual household income before taxes should not exceed by,
|Size of Household||Max Annual Income Level|
In case the household has more than 8 members living together, an extra amount of $5878 is added as the number of members increase. To understand the terms and policies of the West Virginia Medicaid program, it is advisable to visit your nearby DHHR office. In this way, you will be able to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the program.
The eligibility for the West Virginia Medicaid program can also be checked through an online procedure. The applicant will be asked to provide the following information to check their eligibility for the Medicaid program online,
- Personal information (citizenship status, personal identification number)
- Total annual household income
- The citizenship status of the candidate
- Total number of members in the household
- Health conditions of the applicant
- Any other benefits that the applicant might be getting
How To Apply
The application form for the West Virginia Medicaid program can be filled out online. To fill the form please visit the inROADS website. This will take you to an online portal where you will find the online application. The website lets you check your eligibility for the Medicaid program. You can also learn about the different partners of the West Virginia Medicaid program on the website. Before filling out the online application form you will have to create a free online account on the website portal if you don’t have one already. It is a user-friendly portal and makes the whole process of applying easy and quick.
The applicant can also visit the West Virginia official Marketplace to see if they meet the eligibility criteria for the Medicaid. The Marketplace was established to provide the healthcare benefits to citizens of America who are otherwise not able to do so. You can also find information related to the Affordable Healthcare Act on the website.
Also, visit the West Virginia Medicaid to find more about the program policies and to get a better understanding of the program goals and objectives. You can also learn about other health benefits services provided by the Department of Health and Human Resources on the website.
For Further Information
For further inquiries please visit the local Bureau for Children and Families County office learn more about the Medicaid program and the different services it provides. You can use the Provider Opportunities by Counties website to locate a Bureau near you.