Idaho Unemployment Insurance (UI) program is managed by the Idaho Department of Labor which ensures employment opportunities to workers on a temporary basis in the state. The program is funded by the federal government and the state of Idaho mutually. The goal of the program is to help unemployed citizens of Idaho with jobs to help them support their families. In this way, the program helps keep the unemployment rate under check and creates a balance in the economic condition in the country.
The eligibility for the Idaho Unemployment Insurance program depends on many factors and therefore, it is important to look up the eligibility criteria before applying for the program. Those factors are,
- The applicant must be a permanent citizen of the U.S. of a legal alien
- The applicant must be a resident of the state of Idaho
- The applicant must have earned a minimum wage during the past 12 or 18 months of their employment period. If you were earning below the minimum wage you are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant shouldn’t be unemployed due to their own fault.
- The applicant should not be working any job
- The applicant must show a full willingness to work
- The applicant must be actively looking for employment opportunities in their state
- The applicant must have zero criminal background
- The applicant must be healthy and strong enough to do any physical work
Other than that, before applying for the Idaho Unemployment Insurance the candidate must wait for at least a week. The candidate can start the filing process once,
- It has been more than a week since the applicant has been unemployed
- The applicant earns below 140% of the benefit amount per week (in case of part-time employment)
It is important to understand that you should make an effort to constantly look for jobs according to your expertise and educational background. In case you are unable to find a job that matches your skillsets and interest then there are chances of you end up getting a job that may not match your professional abilities completely.
One thing that the applicant should keep in mind before applying for the Idaho Unemployment Insurance benefit is that it is not a full-time job. You will be provided a job for a certain period and you will be required to find a full-time job so that you can take it up once the program duration is over. You can take certain steps including
- Meet the HR managers and employers of different companies
- Fill out job applications as much as possible
- Continuously search for jobs in the market
- Attend job fairs
- Work on your resume and interview skills
How To Apply
There are many ways to apply for the Idaho Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program including,
- Apply online
You can apply for the Idaho UI program by going to the IdahoWorks website. You can review your application process as well as get payment and submit your job hunt progress on this website. You can also search for jobs and sign up for work on the Idaho Works website.
- Apply through the local district office
Applicants who are interested in the Idaho Unemployment Insurance program can visit the Idaho Department of Labor office in your locality to make a personal application. The applicant will be provided with an application form that they will have to complete and submit to apply for the program benefits. After finding a nearby office, you can visit it to get guidance regarding the program eligibility and application procedures.
Once the form is filled and you have attached all the required documents, you can then submit the application form which will be further processed by the UI office. The selected applicants will be notified through phone or email and will get notified about to the next level.
- Apply via phone call
Individuals interested in the Unemployment Insurance program in Idaho can contact the number given below,
You will be then connected to a customer service representative who will guide you about the program and its application procedure. The application form will be delivered to you either by mail or post. By calling the above numbers you can talk to highly qualified members of staff who can answer any queries you might have regarding the Unemployment Insurance program.
The applicants can also visit the Idaho official Marketplace to see if they qualify for the program. The Marketplace was established to provide healthcare benefits to citizens across various states of the United States of America who are otherwise not able to do so.
For Further Information
If you want to learn more about the program you can visit the Idaho Department of Labor website. The website provides detailed information regarding the Unemployment Insurance program in the state of Idaho and covers all the major topics including program details, goals, and eligibility criteria.