The Hawaii Financial Assistance provides monetary aid to low-income households in the state of Hawaii. The program comes under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) which is established by the federal government. The different benefits that are provided under this program include,
- Need-based assistance to low-income households with depended children
- Assistance to parents/caregivers with children equal to or less than 18 years of age
- Job-hunting assistance
- Training workshop to unemployed people
The selected candidates are allowed to receive the Hawaii Financial Assistance benefits for a duration of 6 months. The duration may differ if the children are living with their grandparents. In that case, the program duration may exceed more than that.
There are other benefits that an applicant may receive from the Hawaii Financial Assistance program. This include,
- Childcare assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Employment assistance
- Educational assistance
- Work bonuses
- Assistance to employees moving to new cities
There are certain factors that determine your eligibility for the program and if you fulfill those requirements you can qualify for the Hawaii Financial Assistance program like,
- The applicant is a resident of the state of Hawaii
- The applicant is a permanent citizen of the U.S. or is a legal alien
- The applicant is either not employed or has a very low wage
- The applicant must show a full willingness to work
- The applicant must have zero criminal background
- The applicant is a parent with children under 18 years of age
- The applicant is a caretaker/legal guardian of children who are 18 years old or younger or 19 years of age ( if the requirements of the school are met)
To apply for the TANF program in Hawaii the applicant needs to provide copies of certain documents along with the application form. The documents that are required for the Hawaii Financial Assistance program are,
- The applicant is required to show the birth certificate of all household member
- The copy of the applicant’s Social Security card
- The copy of Social Security Card of the children
- The applicants must show proof of their residency
- Driver’s license and other such certificates that can be used for identification purposes
- The applicant must provide proof of the household income
- The applicant must show copies of their bank account statements (both checking and savings)
You can also check your eligibility for the Hawaii Financial Assistance program by going to the official website of the program. Here you will find a screening tool that you can use to determine your eligibility for the program. You will have to answer questions related to your,
- Citizenship status
- Household income
- Number of members in the household
- Number and age of children in the household
- Health conditions of all the family members
It is important to understand that the tool is not an application form to apply for the program nor does it guarantee that you will get the benefit. It simply lets you know your eligibility based on the above-given factors. To properly apply for the program, you will have to request an application form for the Hawaii Financial Assistance program from your local community agency office.
It is important to get in touch with your local agencies to get your hands on the most accurate and up-to-date information about the TANF as requirements of the program might change from time to time.
How To Apply
The applicant can use different methods to apply for the program. It makes the whole process very flexible and applicants can choose the method more easy for them.
- To apply via phone call please use the toll-free number 808-643-1643 to contact the Employment and Support Services Division office which comes under the Hawaii Department of Human Services Benefit and request an application form for the program. The application will be emailed to you that you can then return once you fill out the form to get the program’s benefits.
- To apply through fax, the applicant will be required to fax the application form along with all the attested copied of the required documents to the Department of Human Services office in your locality.
- If the applicant is interested in submitting their application in person, they can visit the nearby Hawaii Department of Human Services Benefits office in their locality. The representative of the Hawaii Financial Assistance program will guide you about the program details, eligibility criteria, and program benefits. You can download the application form by going to the Benefits Application Form
The application process takes very less time and once you finish the form you can wait for your confirmation number which will be provided to you shortly afterward. It is advisable to apply before the due date to be able to get the benefits of the Hawaii Financial Assistance program.
For Further Information
For more information related to the Hawaii Financial Assistance program please visit the official Hawaii Financial Assistance website. It provides complete and accurate information about the program. The above-mentioned website will help you learn more about the program and its requirements related to the application process and eligibility criteria.