What Do You Need To Know
The Washington Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provides affordable health insurance to children of poor families residing in the state of Washington. There are thousands of children who are uninsured and this program provides them with an opportunity to get medical insurance and improve their health conditions. Kids who are dependent on their parents and are equal to or less than 19 years of age are eligible to apply for this program. In some cases, the program might also provide health insurance to uninsured parents as well.
The Washington CHIP provides services for kids like,
- Regular child check-ups
- Immunization and other preventive measures
- Dental check-ups of the child
- Eye care services (eyeglasses, eye care services)
- Emergency services to the patients
- Medication payments
- Therapy and many more
Are You Eligible?
There are certain mandatory requirements for the Washington Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) that applicant needs to fulfill in order to qualify for the program benefits. Those are,
- The applicant must be a permanent citizen or legal alien of the United States of America
- The applicant who is a legal alien living in Washington (it should be noted that the parents of the applicant are not required to prove their residential status)
- The applicant must be 19 years old or younger or a parent/caretaker with a child under 19 years of age
- The applicant must not be receiving any health insurance including the Medicaid (although in depending on the need some applicants may get the CHIP benefits even if your household is receiving Medicaid benefits)
- The applicant has parents working in the Washington state.
- The applicant must not have any credible health coverage which allows you to have health insurance.
The two important eligibility requirements are,
- Total number of members in the household
- The total annual income of the candidate
The total gross income of the household before taxes must be equal to or less than,
|Size of Household||Annual Gross Income Level|
An extra amount of $13260 is added per person if the total size of the household is more than 8 members. Therefore, it is important to visit a managing agency in your area to help you get your hands on the latest and up-to-date information and program guidelines. This will help you understand the terms and policies of the program and help make the application process easy.
You can also visit the official Washington Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) website to check your eligibility criteria for the program. The applicant will have to provide information regarding
- Rent or mortgage
- Utility expenses
- Child support expenses
- Day-care expenses
- Medical bills, if you are older than 60, or disabled
- Other benefit programs you have applied to
- Any other payments
How To Apply
- Online application
After making sure your eligibility for the Washington CHIP program, the next step is the application process. You can make your application online by going on this link
Here you will be provided with all the necessary information. This website provides easy and fast online services to the citizens of Washington.
- Apply through the local office
Another easy way of applying for the Washington CHIP is through the CHIP office in your locality. It will provide every possible assistance regarding the health coverage program and the officials will make the whole process less daunting by providing the necessary information. Once completed, you can send the application form to the regional CHIP office.
It is important to note that fill the application form as accurately and truthfully as possible because a false statement can lead to termination of the application. Once the application is submitted you cannot change it hence it is advisable to be careful while filling out the application form.
Before filling the application form make sure you have all the required information to speed up the process. Once you have filled out the application form you can return it to CHIP office.
- Apply Via Phone Call
Individuals interested in the Washington Children’s Health Insurance Program can also call at 1-877-543-7669 to request an application form. By calling the above number you get to talk to a highly qualified member of the program who can answer any queries you might have regarding the health insurance program. The application will be mailed to you which you can return once completed.
For Further Information
If you have more queries please visit the following website
Here you will be provided with up-to-date information regarding the program to make the application process easy. You can choose any of the above options to get the application form and apply either in person or online however you feel comfortable.