What You Need To Know
The Children’s Health Insurance Program, also known as CHIP has been set up in various states of the United States. CHIP is a benefit program that has been established for those families who are unable to receive Medicaid. These families neither have an income low enough for Medicaid not high enough for private coverage. Therefore, CHIP provides them with the necessary health coverage. It has safeguarded the health of individuals before by positively impacting around eight million children and families. CHIP is known as New MexiKids in the state of New Mexico.
This benefit program is in close collaboration with the Medicaid of New Mexico. Through proper coordination, these two programs can easily achieve their basic objective. Amongst the various benefits that are enjoyed by the members of New MexiKids, here are some:
- Routine check-ups
- Emergency services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Doctor visits
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital care
- Dental and vision care
New MexiKids has two main branches which cater to the needs of two age groups. The New MexiKids benefit program is for those children that are between the ages of 0 to 12. They are provided with no-cost health care insurance coverage. On the other hand, there is New MexiTeens which has been set up for children between the age of 13 to 19.
Qualified families are given a choice of four Managed Care Organizations (MCOs). These MCOs are responsible for providing children and families with medical services. Among the MCO options, New MexiKids has:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
- Lovelace Community Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Presbyterian Health Plan
Are You Eligible?
New MexiKids has been set up for uninsured children below the age of 19. These children belong to families that have a high income for Medicaid but a low income for private insurance. There are certain basic requirements of the program which makes a child eligible for it. This includes the child being:
- A U.S. national, citizen, legal alien or permanent resident.
- A part of a family that is characterized to have low income.
- A resident of the state of New Mexico.
For verification purposes, that the child is eligible for the program, the annual household income is considered. The annual earnings before any tax deductions need to be in line with the set guidelines. Therefore, the income of the family must be either less than or equal to the following amounts. The table outlines the annual figures as well as the household size associated with it.
|Size Of The Household||Maximum Annual Income Level ($)|
Households may contain more than eight members. An additional amount of $10,387 must be added per person if that is the case. Managing agencies can help interested individuals to stay in touch with the most recent guidelines. This can help them greatly in their application process.
How To Apply
A person can apply for New MexiKids through various channels. The variety of these channels ensures that interested individuals carry out their procedure in the most suitable method. They can choose the one that proves most helpful for them and operates accordingly.
- The application process can be started in person. By putting forward a request for the application form at most health care facilities and schools, you’ll acquire it. Local Income Support Division office can also be found all over the state. Therefore, by finding out the nearest one through the list available online, these offices can be approached. This would help the people to gain the assistance and guidance they require concerning the application and program.
- A telephone number has been set up by the local Income Support Division. It is operated during the normal working hours and can be approached then. They will help to set up your appointment or provide you with any guidance you need.
- Online portals have been set up to make the application process easier for interested residents of New Mexico. People can easily apply online through the Application for Assistance page. In case further information is required concerning the application, the New MexiKids page can be visited as well. A link is available on this website to download the application and fill it accordingly.
For Further Information
To cater to the queries of people, InsureKidsNow.gov has the appropriate information. Open to public access, it can be visited for clarification of confusion. Moreover, the Medicaid & CHIP policies page is also helpful in providing any in-depth information required. You simply have to select your state in it and you’ll be provided the details accordingly.