What Do You Need To Know?
The Medicaid program is called by different names in different states. In Maryland, it goes by the Maryland Medical Assistance Program. It is funded by the federal government along with the state of Maryland. The program benefits individuals and families from a low-income background to get health care services. The program is targeted towards pregnant women, parents/ guardian with dependent children, elderly or disabled people of Maryland. The qualified candidates will receive medical insurance that will cover their medical bills.
The Maryland Medical Assistance Program is targeted towards families and individuals with low household income who are unable to cover their medical payments due to financial problem. People from the underprivileged background are incapable of paying expensive medical payments as a result of the high cost of health care. Thus, the goal of the program is to reach out to such people and provide protection against the expensive medical bill so that they can live a healthy and zestful life.
The following are the services that the Maryland Medical Assistance Program provides,
- Eye care services which include providing eye check-up and eyeglasses
- Dental services which include dental check-ups and teeth cleaning every 6 months for individuals who are younger than 21 years of age.
- Family planning services
- Medical check-ups
- Hearing services
- Laboratory services and X-rays
- Maternity services
- Childcare and home health care services
- Medical prescriptions
- Nurse care and many more
Are You Eligible?
There are certain eligibility requirements of the Maryland Medical Assistance Program which needs to be fulfilled if the applicant wants to avail the benefits of this program. The general pre-conditions of the program are
- The applicant needs to be a legal resident of the state of Maryland
- The applicant must be a permanent US citizen to apply for the program. Legal aliens can also apply for the Medicaid program if they require medical assistance but it should be kept in mind that legal aliens are only eligible if there is an emergency that is considered life-threatening.
- The applicant has a dependent child or an elderly person in their household.
- The applicant is a pregnant woman or has a pregnant woman in the house
- The applicant is or has a disabled member in the household
- If the applicant’s weak financial position restricts them form having medical insurance then they can apply for the Maryland Medicaid program.
- The applicant must have a household income that fits within the income guideline specified by the Medicaid program.
Besides that, the agencies who are responsible for providing the health care services to the people of Maryland through the Medical Assistance Program takes into account two important factors which are,
- Size of the household
- Total income of the household per annum before taxes
The total annual household income before taxes should not exceed by,
|Size of Household||Max Annual Income Level|
In case the household has more than 8 members living together, an extra amount of $5878 is added as the number of members increase. Visit your nearby Medicaid office to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the program.
The eligibility for the Maryland Medical Assistance Program can also be checked by taking a pre-screening test. The applicant will be asked to provide the following information to check their eligibility for the Medicaid program online,
- Personal information (citizenship status, personal identification number, etc)
- Total annual household income
- The citizenship status of the candidate
- Total number of members in the household
- Health conditions of the applicant
- Any other benefits that the applicant might be getting
How To Apply?
The application form for the Maryland Medical Assistance Program can be filled out online. To fill the form please visit the Maryland Health Connection online portal. It contains thorough information about the application procedure of various health care benefits that are provided under the Md Medicaid program. It is important to make your account on the online website portal before applying for the program. It is a user-friendly portal and makes the whole process of applying easy and quick.
To make the application procedure easy the website also contains “Frequently Asked Questions” section and videos to guide the applicants to correctly fill the application form.
The applicants can also visit the Maryland official Marketplace at Marketplace to access the application form and check if see if they qualify for the Medicaid. The Marketplace was established to provide the healthcare benefits to citizens of across various states of the United States of America who are otherwise not able to do so. You can also find information related to the Affordable Healthcare Act on the website.
For Further Information
For further inquiries please visit the Medicaid & CHIP Policies website page to learn more about the program and the different services it provides. Once you are on the website, select Maryland state option and the website will show various benefits provided under the Maryland Medicaid program.
Benefits by State
- Child Care
- Education & Training
- Employment Assistance
- Energy Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Food Stamps
- HUD.Gov Research Reports
- New Mexico
- New York
- Statistics & Data
- West Virginia
Healthcare3 years ago
Iowa Medicaid Program
Florida3 years ago
National School Breakfast and Lunch Program for Florida
Arkansas3 years ago
Special Milk Program for Arkansas
Food Stamps3 years ago
Iowa Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Arkansas3 years ago
Arkansas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Energy Assistance3 years ago
Illinois Weatherization Assistance Program
Utah3 years ago
National School Breakfast and Lunch Program for Utah
Energy Assistance3 years ago
Georgia Weatherization Assistance Program