What Do You Need To Know?
The Idaho Medicaid program is a basic health-care and medical program provided to low-income families residing in Idaho. The program is jointly funded by the federal and the state government. They are responsible for creating funds to cover the cost of the program. The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare administers the Medicaid program in the state. The department is responsible for creating guidelines and policies for the program. The goal of the program is to make medical services accessible to underprivileged families in Idaho.
Who Can Apply?
The people who are eligible to apply for the Idaho Medicaid program are,
- Pregnant women
- Guardians/caretaker relatives
- Senior citizens
- Parents with no dependent kids
- Disabled people (blind etc.)
What Are The Program Benefits?
The following are the services that the Idaho Medicaid provides
- Eye care services which include providing eye check-up and eyeglasses
- Dental services which include dental check-up and dental hygiene which include teeth cleaning every 6 months for individuals who are younger than 21 years of age.
- Family planning services
- Medical check-ups
- Auditory services
- Laboratory services and X-rays
- Maternity services
- Child-care and home health care services that are occupational and physical therapy, speech therapy and skilled nursing
- Drug prescriptions
Are You Eligible?
There are certain eligibility criteria that an applicant must fulfill to be able to qualify for the Idaho Medicaid program.
- The applicant needs to be a legal and permanent citizen of the United States of America
- The applicant needs to be a residence of the state of Idaho
- The financial situation of the applicant must fall under the low-income level to apply for the Medicaid program
- The applicant is pregnant or has a pregnant woman in the household
- The applicant is blind, have a disability or a family member in the household with a disability
- The applicant must be responsible for children under 19 years of age or be 65 years of age or older.
The agencies that look into the Idaho Medicaid program consider certain factors to check if the candidate’s eligibility is justified like,
- Assets/Resources ( bonds, funds, property, credit union accounts, etc) of the candidate
- Size of the household of the candidate
- Total income of the household per annum before taxes of the candidate
- Age of the candidate
- Medical requirements of the candidate
The maximum gross income level of the household before taxes must be equal to or less than,
|Size of Household||Annual Gross Income Level|
An amount of $5878 is added per person if the total size of the household is more than 8 members. Therefore, it is important to visit a managing agency in your area to help you get your hands on the latest and up-to-date information and program guidelines. This will help you understand the terms and policies of the Idaho Medicaid program and help make the application process easy.
How To Apply?
There are many ways to apply for the Idaho Medicaid program. You can either,
- Apply Online
To fill the application form for the Idaho Medicaid program please visit the website. The website contains detailed information about the application procedure of the various healthcare benefits that are provided by the Idaho Medicaid program. It is important to make your account on the online website portal before applying for the program. It is a user-friendly portal and makes the whole process of applying easy and quick.
To make the application procedure easy the website also contains the “Frequently Asked Questions” section and other guidelines for the applicants to correctly fill the application form.
The applicants can also visit the Idaho official Marketplace to see if they qualify for the Medicaid program. The Marketplace was established to provide the healthcare benefits to citizens of across various states of the United States of America who are otherwise not able to do so.
- Apply Via Phone call
Individuals interested in the Idaho Medicaid program can also call 1-888-318-8890 to ask for the application form. It will be delivered to you either by mail or post. By calling the above numbers you can talk to highly qualified members of staff who can answer any queries you might have regarding the Idaho Medicaid program.
- Apply through the local district office
You can also make a personal application by finding a nearby Medicaid office in your area. You can visit it to get one-on-one guidance regarding the program.
Once the form is filled and you have attached all the required documents you can then submit the application form which will be further processed by the Medicaid office. The selected applicants will be notified through phone or email and will get notified about to the next level.