What Do You Need To Know?
The Idaho Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program assists the households in paying their utility bills in the state of Idaho. The program is funded by the Federal government which provides benefits since 1982. The utility payment is sent directly to the utility provider. The main objective of the program is to help people from underprivileged backgrounds that are not able to pay their house heating expenses. The assistance is provided to families with total income below 150% of the total income level guidelines specified by the federal government
The Idaho Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides support to low-income families through
- Utility bill payments
- Energy crisis grants
- Energy-related home repair assistance
- Weatherproofing of the house
- Assistance at times of emergency energy need
Are You Eligible?
To be able to qualify for the Idaho Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, the applicant needs to be a permanent and legal resident of the state of Idaho. The applicant must need assistance in paying their utility bills. The eligibility of a candidate is assessed on two important factors
- The candidate’s annual gross income
- The candidate’s household size
The table below provides a detailed understanding of the household size and the maximum gross income which should be either equal or less than,
|Total Household Size||Gross Income Level (Per Year)|
If there are more than 8 members in the house than an extra amount of $6630 is added for each additional member. It is also important to check with the local agencies who manage the program and can give you the exact and the most current information regarding the Idaho Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. (LIHEAP)
You can also visit the Idaho LIHEAP official website to check whether you are eligible for the program. The procedure is simple and you need to answer some questions related to your
- Citizenship information
- Gross income
- Household size
- Whether or not you are receiving any other kind of assistance from the state
In case you or any of your family members are receiving benefits from any other kind of program like the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program, Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), any need-based programs for Veterans then there are chances of you being automatically selected for the Idaho LIHEAP program.
How To Apply?
There are certain documents that an applicant is required to bring along with them at the time of applying for the Idaho LIHEAP program. The applicant must have a copy of their
- The utility expenses including electricity, gas, heating, and cooling, propane
- All the documents that show salaries of all the members of the household who are currently employed
There are different ways to apply for the Idaho Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program which the citizens of the state can choose from,
- To apply online, the applicant can visit the LIHEAP application. The link will take you to the official page of the Community Action Partnership Association of Idaho. The website provides significant information related to the Idaho LIHEAP.
- To apply via phone call please use the toll-free number 208-375-7382, ext. 15 to contact the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare and request an application form for the Idaho LIHEAP. The application will be emailed to you which you can then return once you fill out the form to get the program benefits.
- To apply through fax, the applicant will be required to fax the application form along with all the attested copied of the required documents to the Division of Welfare office.
- If the applicant is interested in submitting their application in person, they can visit the Division of Welfare office in their locality. You can find the address of the office on their official website of the Idaho LIHEAP.
It is advisable to apply before the due date to be able to get the benefits. Also, note that any assistance in the form of cash that you might get from the program goes directly to your respected energy provider or utility company.
For Further Information
For further information, please visit the Idaho Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). These websites provided complete information about the program. The above-mentioned websites will help you learn more about the program and its requirements related to the application process and eligibility criteria. .This makes it easy for the applicant to apply for the Idaho LIHEAP program. The whole process might take 40-45 days once you have submitted the application form. It is vital to keep the application deadline in mind so that your household is not deprived of the benefits provided by the program.