What Do You Need To Know
The Wyoming Medicaid program is a basic health-care and medical program provided to low-income families residing in the state of Wyoming. The program is mutually funded by the Federal government and the Wyoming state. They are responsible for creating funds to cover the cost of the program. The Wyoming Department of Health administers the Medicaid program in the state. The department is responsible for creating guidelines and policies for the program. The goal of the program is to make medical services accessible to underprivileged families and to create an environment where people from various income levels are well aware of basic health care and its importance.
What are the Program Services?
The following are the services that the Wyoming Medicaid provides to its eligible candidates,
- Eye care services which include providing eye check-up and eyeglasses
- Dental services which include dental check-up and dental hygiene which include teeth cleaning every 6 months for individuals who are younger than 21 years of age.
- Family planning services
- Medical check-ups
- Auditory services
- Laboratory services and X-rays
- Maternity services
- Child-care and home health care services that are occupational and physical therapy, speech therapy and skilled nursing
- Drug prescriptions
Are You Eligible?
There are certain eligibility criteria that an applicant must fulfill to qualify for the Wyoming Medicaid program
- The applicant needs to be a legal and permanent citizen of the United States of America
- The applicant needs to be a residence of the state of Wyoming.
- The financial situation of the applicant must fall under the very low-income level to apply for the Wyoming Medicaid program.
- The applicant is pregnant or has a pregnant woman in the household.
- The applicant is blind, have a disability or a family member in the household with a disability.
- The applicant must be responsible for children under 19 years of age or be 65 years of age or older.
The Wyoming Medicaid program considers certain factors to check if the candidate’s eligibility is justified like,
- Assets/Resources ( bonds, funds, property, credit union accounts,) of the candidate
- Size of the household of the candidate
- Total income of the household per annum before taxes of the candidate
- Age of the candidate
- Medical requirements of the candidate
The maximum gross income level of the household before taxes must be equal to or less than,
|Size of Household||Annual Gross Income Level|
An amount of $5878 is added per person if the total size of the household is more than eight members. Therefore, it is important to visit a managing agency in your area to help you get your hands on the latest and up-to-date information and program guidelines. This will help you understand the terms and policies of the Wyoming Medicaid program and help make the application process easy.
You can also check your eligibility criteria by using the screening tool on the official Wyoming Medicaid website. You will have to the following information to find your eligibility for the Medicaid program
- Citizenship status
- Immigration status
- Household income
- No of members in the household
- Proof of any other benefit that you are receiving
How To Apply
The application form for the Wyoming Medicaid program can be filled out online. To fill the form please visit the Wyoming Eligibility System. The website contains detailed information regarding the application procedure of the Medicaid program. Before filling the online application form you will have to create a free online account on the website portal. It is a user-friendly portal and makes the whole process of applying easy and quick.
You can also make a personal application by finding a nearby Wyoming office of Medicaid in your area. You can visit it to get one on one guidance regarding the program. Once the form is filled and you have attached all the required documents you can then submit the application form which will be further processed by the Medicaid office. The selected applicants will be notified through phone or email and will get notified about to the next level.
You can also request the Medicaid application form by contacting the Wyoming office of Medicaid at
A representative of the Medicaid program will guide you about the program policies. Once you have made a request for the application form it will be mailed to your home address. You can return the form once you complete it along with the required documents as specifies by the Wyoming Medicaid program.
For Further Information
You can check out the Wyoming Medicaid website to learn more about the program.