The New Jersey Weatherization Assistance Program provides aid to low- income families to make their homes more energy-efficient. The WAP program is funded by the federal government as a block grant program. In the state of New Jersey, it is administered by the Community Action Agencies (CAAs). The WAP is provided to different counties and tribes living in various territories in the United States.
The New Jersey Weatherization Assistance Program has the mission of providing safe home conditions to the citizens of the state. It is observed that people residing in underprivileged areas and poor households do not take care of their houses due to the high expenses of house maintenance. The WAP program is provided to such households through non-profit and state government agencies. These agencies then provide various weatherization services to the eligible household by using recent and most up-to-date technology.
The Weatherization Assistance Program provides various services including,
- Installation of high-density walls in the house
- Insulation services in the attic
- Installment and replacement of broken windows
- Installation and replacement of broken doors
- Routine safety checks in the household of all the combustible appliances to prevent any dangerous short circuit or fire incidents
The New Jersey WAP is for the households that fulfill certain eligibility requirements which include,
- The applicant must be a permanent resident or a legal alien in the United States of America
- It is also important for the applicant to have permanent citizenship in the state of New Jersey
- The applicant is 60 years old or above and is a senior citizen.
- The applicant is disabled or has someone with a disability in the household.
- The applicant has one or more dependent children.
The candidate’s eligibility is assessed on two important factors. Those are,
- The candidate’s annual gross income of the household
- The total number of members in the household
The table below provides a detailed understanding of the household size and the maximum gross income which should be either equal or less than,
|Total Household Size||Gross Income Level (Yearly)|
In case there are more than 8 members in the house than an extra amount of $8,840 is added for each additional member. The amount of annual income level might change from time to time. Therefore, it is a good step to contact the managing agency in your area. They will be able to provide you with the most recent and up-to-date guidelines about the New Jersey Weatherization Assistance Program.
There are other important requirements for the New Jersey WAP including,
- Utility bill’s copies
- Proof of your income (recent pay stubs, payroll slip, salary slip)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copies of any termination notice if you have received one from your energy service provider.
The candidate can also visit the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) official website to check if you are eligible for the program. The procedure is simple and you need to answer some questions like,
- Citizenship information of the candidate
- Gross income of the candidate’s household
- Household size of the candidate
- Whether or not you are receiving any other kind of assistance from the state
In case you or any of your family members are receiving benefits from any other kind of program including,
- Supplemental Security Income for the state of New Jersey
- New Jersey Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Then you might automatically get selected for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) in the state of New Jersey.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Weatherization Assistance Program kindly visit the Weatherization service provider. You will be provided with an application form that you can fill out and submit through an agent working in the office. It is important to note that before going to your local county office you should have copies of all the required documents to make sure your application is complete.
The applicant can also find the WAP office in their locality by visiting the WAP office of Strategic Initiatives in your locality. You can call at (609) 984-1947 to learn more about the program and its details.
For Further Information
You can also visit the Weatherization program page to get your hands on the most recent and accurate information regarding the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). Here you will find recent and most up-to-date information about the New Jersey WAP program. You can also find out about the program’s eligibility criteria, the application process, required documents and any other information about the program.
The above-mentioned website will help you learn more about the program and its requirements related to the application process and eligibility criteria. This makes it easy for the applicant to apply for the New Jersey Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
It is also important to keep in mind the deadline for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) so that your household is not deprived of the benefits provided by the program.