What You Need To Know
The Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program provides aid to families to make their homes more energy-efficient. The program is funded by the federal government as a block grant program administered by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). It is provided to different states and Indian tribes living in various territories in the United States. The goal of the Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program is to provide safe home conditions to the citizens of Iowa. It is observed the people residing in underprivileged areas do not take care of their house due to high maintenance expenses. The WAP program is provided to such households through non-profit and state government agencies. These agencies then provide various weatherization services to the eligible household by using recent and most up-to-date technology.
The Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program provides various services including
- Installation of high-density walls in the house
- Attic insulation services
- Installment and replacement of broken windows
- Installation and replacement of broken doors
- Routine safety checks in the household of all the combustible appliances to prevent any dangerous short circuit or fire incidents
Are You Eligible?
To be eligible for the Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program are,
- The applicant is a permanent resident or a legal alien in the U.S.
- It is also important to have permanent citizenship of the state of Iowa.
- The applicant is 60 years old or older.
- The applicant is disabled or has someone with a disability in the household.
- The applicant has one or more dependent children.
The candidate’s eligibility is assessed on two important factors
- The candidate’s annual gross income of the household
- The total number of members in the household
The table below provides a detailed understanding of the household size and the maximum gross income which should be either equal or less than,
|Total Household Size||Gross Income Level (Per Year)|
In case there are more than 8 members in the house than an extra amount of $8840 is added for each additional member. Therefore, check with local agencies for accurate information about the Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
Other important requirements for the Iowa WAP program include,
- Utility bill’s copies
- Proof of your income ( recent pay stubs, payroll slip, salary slip)
- Social Security Number
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copies of any termination notice if you have received one from your energy service provider.
You can also visit the Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) official website to check if you are eligible for the program. The procedure is simple and you need to answer some questions like
- Citizenship information of the candidate
- Gross income of the candidate’s household
- Household size of the candidate
- Whether or not you are receiving any other kind of assistance from the state
In case you or any of your family members are receiving benefits from any other kind of program then you might automatically get selected for the Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
How To Apply?
To apply in person for the Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program kindly visit the Weatherization service provider website to find a WAP office near you. You will be provided with an application form that you can fill out and submit through an agent working in the office. It is important to note that before going to your local county office you should have copies of all the required documents to make sure your application is complete.
The applicant can also request an application form for the Iowa Weatherization Program by visiting the Grantee Contacts page. The page will help you locate a WAP administrator office in your area which you can visit to file your claim for the program benefits.
You can also visit the Weatherization Program page for the state of Iowa to learn more about the WAP program. Here you will find recent and most up-to-date information about the program. You can also find out about the program eligibility criteria, the application process, required documents and any other information about the program.
The above-mentioned website will help you learn more about the program and its requirements related to the application process and eligibility criteria. This makes it easy for the applicant to apply for the Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
It is also important to keep in mind the deadline for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) for the state of Iowa so that your household is not deprived of the benefits provided by the program.