The Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program provides aid to low- income families to make their homes more energy-efficient. The program is funded by the federal government as a block grant program administered by the Community Action Agencies (CAA) in all the Indiana State counties. It is provided to different states and Indian tribes living in various territories in the United States.
The main aim of the Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program is to provide safe home conditions to the citizens of Indiana. It is observed that people residing in underprivileged areas do not take care of their house due to high maintenance expenses. The WAP program is provided to such households through non-profit and state government agencies. These agencies then provide various weatherization services to the eligible household by using recent and most up-to-date technology.
The Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program provides various services including,
- Installation of high-density walls in the house
- Attic insulation services
- Installment and replacement of broken windows
- Installation and replacement of broken doors
- Routine safety checks in the household of all the combustible appliances to prevent any dangerous short circuit or fire incidents
To be eligible for the Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) the applicant needs to fulfill certain requirements including,
- The applicant must be a permanent resident or a legal alien in the U.S.
- It is also important for the applicant to have permanent citizenship in the state of Indiana
- The applicant is 60 years old or above and is a senior citizen.
- The applicant is disabled or has someone with a disability in the household.
- The applicant has one or more dependent children.
The candidate’s eligibility is assessed on two important factors. Those are,
- The candidate’s annual gross income of the household
- The total number of members in the household
The table below provides a detailed understanding of the household size and the maximum gross income which should be either equal or less than,
|Total Household Size
|Gross Income Level (Per Year)
In case there are more than 8 members in the house than an extra amount of $6,630 is added for each additional member. The amount of annual income level might change from time to time. Therefore, it is a good step to contact the managing agency in your area. They will be able to provide you with the most recent and up-to-date guidelines about the Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program.
Other important requirements for the Indiana WAP program include,
- Utility bill’s copies
- Proof of your income (recent pay stubs, payroll slip, salary slip)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copies of any termination notice if you have received one from your energy service provider.
You can also visit the Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) official website to check if you are eligible for the program. The procedure is simple and you need to answer some questions like,
- Citizenship information of the candidate
- Gross income of the candidate’s household
- Household size of the candidate
- Whether or not you are receiving any other kind of assistance from the state
In case you or any of your family members are receiving benefits from any other kind of program including
- Indiana Supplemental Security Income
- Indiana Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Aid to Families with Dependent Children
Then you might automatically get selected for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) in the state of Indiana.
How to Apply
To apply for the Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program kindly visit the official Indiana WAP website to find a local office near you. You will be provided with an application form that you can fill out and submit through an agent working in the office. It is important to note that before going to your local county office you should have copies of all the required documents to make sure your application is complete.
The applicant can also request an application form for the Indiana Weatherization Program by visiting the Energy Assistance Intake Sites by County of the Local Community Action Centre. This page will help you locate a WAP administrator office in your area which you can visit to file your claim for the program benefits.
For Further Information
You can also visit the Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority page to learn more about the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). Here you will find recent and most up-to-date information about the program. You can also find out about the program eligibility criteria, the application process, required documents and any other information about the program.
The above-mentioned website will help you learn more about the program and its requirements related to the application process and eligibility criteria. This makes it easy for the applicant to apply for the Indiana Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
It is also important to keep in mind the deadline for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) for the state of Indiana so that your household is not deprived of the benefits provided by the program.