The Delaware Healthy Children Program provides affordable health insurance to children who are uninsured and belong to poor families in the state of Delaware. There are thousands of children who are uninsured and this program provides them with an opportunity to get medical insurance and improve their health conditions. The program covers the health insurance cost of all uninsured children in the household as a part of monthly premium service. The families are expected to pay $15 to $25 if their children are eligible for the program.
The Delaware Healthy Children Program provides services for kids like,
- Regular child check-ups
- Immunization and other preventive measures
- Dental check-ups of the child
- Eye care services (eyeglasses, eye care services)
- Emergency services to the patients
- Medication payments
- Therapy and many more
There are certain mandatory requirements for the Delaware Healthy Children Program (DHCP) that the applicant needs to fulfill in order to qualify for the program benefits. Those are,
- The applicant must be a citizen or legal alien of the United States of America
- The applicant who is a legal alien living in Delaware (it should be noted that the parents of the applicant are not required to prove their residential status)
- The applicant must be 19 years old or younger or a parent/caretaker with a child under 19 years of age
- The applicant must not be receiving any health insurance including the Medicaid (although in depending on the need some applicants may get the program benefits even if your household is receiving Medicaid benefits)
- The applicant has parents working in Delaware State
The two important eligibility requirements are,
- Total number of members in the household
- The total annual income of the candidate
The total gross income of the household before taxes must be equal to or less than,
|Size of Household||Annual Gross Income Level|
An extra amount of $9370 is added per person if the total size of the household is more than 8 members. Therefore, it is important to visit a managing agency in your area to help you get your hands on the latest and up-to-date information and program guidelines. This will help you understand the terms and policies of the program and help make the application process easy.
You can also visit the official New Hampshire CHIP website to check your eligibility criteria for the program. The applicant will have to provide information regarding
- Rent or mortgage
- Utility expenses
- Child support expenses
- Day-care expenses
- Medical bills, if you are older than 60, or disabled
- Other benefit programs you have applied to
- Any other payments
How To Apply
- Online application
After making sure of your eligibility for the Delaware Healthy Children Program, the next step is the application process. You can make your application online by visiting the https://assist.dhss.delaware.gov/ website. Here you will be provided with all the necessary information regarding the DHCP program. This website provides easy and fast online services to the citizens of Delaware.
- Apply through the local office
Another easy way of applying for the Delaware DHCP program is through the Delaware Department of Social Services office in your locality. The DSS offices will provide assistance regarding the health coverage program and the officials will make the whole process less daunting by providing the necessary information.
After downloading the form kindly fill it as accurately and truthfully as possible because a false statement can lead to termination of the application. Once the application is submitted you cannot change it hence it is advisable to be careful while filling out the application form.
Before filling the application form make sure you have all the required information to speed up the process. Once you have filled out the application form you can return it to the DSS office.
- Apply Via Phone Call
Individuals interested in the Delaware Healthy Children Program can also call the Customer Relation unit at the following numbers to find a DHCP department in their community,
You can then talk to the program’s representative in your county and ask for the application form. By calling the above number you get to talk to a highly qualified member of the program who can answer any queries you might have regarding the Delaware DHCP program.
For Further Information
If you have more queries please visit the following link. The link will take you to the Delaware Medical Assistance Programs page website will make sure that you are provided with up-to-date information regarding the program to make the application process easy. You can choose any of the above options to get the application form and apply either in person or online however you feel comfortable.