The Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program provides aid to families to make their homes more energy-efficient. The program is funded by the federal government as a block grant program administered by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). It is provided to different states and Indian tribes living in various territories in the United States. The goal of the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program is to provide safe home conditions to the citizens of Arkansas.
It is observed the people residing in underprivileged areas do not take care of their house due to high maintenance expenses. The WAP program is provided to such household through non-profit and state government agencies. These agencies then provide various weatherization services to the eligible household by using recent and most up-to-date technology.
The Arkansas WAP program performs various audits at the house to provide the most effective and less energy wastage measures using the National Energy Audit (NEAT) and the Mobile Home Energy Audit (MHEA) on single framed houses and mobile houses respectively.
The Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program provides various services including
- Installation of high-density walls in the house
- Attic insulation services
- Installment and replacement of broken windows
- Installation and replacement of broken doors
- Routine safety checks in the household of all the combustible appliances to prevent any dangerous short circuit or fire incidents
To be eligible for the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program are,
- The applicant is a permanent resident or a legal alien in the U.S.
- It is also important to have permanent citizenship in the state of Arkansas.
- The applicant is 60 years old or older.
- The applicant is disabled or has someone with a disability in the household.
- The applicant has one or more dependent children.
The candidate’s eligibility is assessed on two important factors
- The candidate’s annual gross income of the household
- The total number of members in the household
The table below provides a detailed understanding of the household size and the maximum gross income which should be either equal or less than,
|Total Household Size||Gross Income Level (Per Year)|
In case there are more than 8 members in the house than an extra amount of $8840 is added for each additional member. Therefore, check with local agencies for accurate information about the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
Other important requirements for the Arkansas WAP program include,
- Utility bill’s copies
- Proof of your income ( recent pay stubs, payroll slip, salary slip)
- Social Security Number (SNN)
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copies of any termination notice if you have received one from your energy service provider.
You can also visit the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) official website to check if you are eligible for the program. The procedure is simple and you need to answer some questions like
- Citizenship information of the candidate
- Gross income of the candidate’s household
- Household size of the candidate
- Whether or not you are receiving any other kind of assistance from the state
In case you or any of your family members are receiving benefits from any other kind of program including the Supplemental Security Income and the Aid to Families with Dependent Children, then you might automatically get selected for the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
How to apply
To apply in person for the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program kindly visit link to find a WAP office near you. The link will take you to the Arkansas Community Action Agency Associations, INC page.
You will be provided with an application form which you can fill out and submit through an agent working in the office. It is important to note that before going to your local county office you should have copies of all the required documents to make sure your application is complete.
The representative at the office will provide information about the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) and guide you regarding the application procedure.
For Further Information
You can also visit the following link to learn more about the Weatherization Assistance Program for the state of Arkansas.
Here you will find recent and most up-to-date information about the program. You can also find out about the program eligibility criteria, the application process, required documents and any other information about the program.
The above-mentioned website will help you learn more about the program and its requirements related to the application process and eligibility criteria. This makes it easy for the applicant to apply for the Arkansas Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
It is also important to keep in mind the deadline for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) for the state of Arkansas so that your household is not deprived of the benefits provided by the program.